Release 1.0 trouble

John P. Rouillard (rouilj@cs.umb.edu)
Fri, 26 Aug 1994 23:58:09 -0400

In message <9408262148.AA00456@achill>, Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:

>Release 1.0 of our network management software tkined and scotty is
>now available on ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de [134.169.34.15]. The files are:
>
> /pub/local/tkined/tkined-1.0.tar.gz
> /pub/local/tkined/scotty-1.0.tar.gz
>
>[...]
>I hope that this release has fixed most problems. The tcl interface to
>tkined should now be stable. Our future work will focus on new or
>improved applications (including the already discussed SNMPv2
>interface). Again, let us know if you have problems with this version
>or any ideas to improve tkined and scotty.

Printing (actually postscript generation) is broken for me. When I pull up
print or postscript, I get the error:

Failed to write <filename>: unknown option "-outline"

I have no clue which outline is causing the problem, any ideas?

Also I am having a problem with The "Event monitor" not matching
anything when reading from a file. Are there any debug flags I can
through that will report every line it scans?

Also, how do I set the flash color and timing threshold on the
ip-monitor/check rechability. Right now it is flashing white and
black, about 10 seconds after the inital unreachable message comes
up. Is there some easy way to set the color back to red, and have it
flash as soon as the unreachable message comes up? BTW, the flash
interval is now fast enough that it is distinguishable even on a
monochrome screen. Nice work.

-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Administrator IDD Information Services
rouilj@dstar.iddis.com Waltham, MA (617) 890-1576 x225

Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred) Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480