This is the announcement of Scotty version 2.1.0. Scotty is the name
of a package which includes two components:
- The Tnm Tcl extension allows to access network management
information. The list of supported protocols includes SNMP, ICMP,
HTTP, NTP, DNS, selected SUN RPCs.
- The Tkined network editor provides a framework for an extensible
network management platform. Extensions are written in Tcl based
on the Tnm extension.
Scotty version 2.1.0 is available via anonymous ftp:
Additional information is available on the World Wide Web at:
There is also a Tkined/Scotty mailing list for questions, announcements
and discussions. To subscribe, send a message to:
Changes since version 2.0.2:
- Converted to a dynamic loadable extension based on Tcl7.5/Tk4.1.
- Tkined 1.4.0 is now included in the scotty distribution.
- Revised documentation (split into several man-pages).
- General code cleanup to conform to the Tcl coding style.
- Command line arguments compatible with tclsh.
- Stricter argument checking to avoid ambiguities.
- Bug fixes, performance improvements, memory leaks plugged.
- SNMP: Support for SNMPv2C (RFC 1901-1908) and SNMPv2U (RFC1910).
- SNMP: Added -window and -delay options to solve flow control problems.
- SNMP: New command: "$s scalars <scalarlist> <arrayName>"
- SNMP: Improved processing of set requests.
- MIB: Parser converts TRAP-TYPE definitions into trap OIDs.
- MIB: New commands: "mib module <label>", "mib macro <label>".
- MIB: Support for globally unique labels (SNMPv2-MIB!sysDescr).
- Sunrpc: New command option to query pcnfs print server.
- Job: Aligned command syntax with other commands.
Removed features since versions 2.0.2:
Please read the changes files for a more complete list of changes and
- Support for SNMPv2CLASSIC removed.
- The "rpc" command has been removed temporarily.
- Removed the getclock/getdate commands and the tcp command.
- Removed the scwish program.
This page was last updated on 11 June 1996 by